Developing Fish Tails



I experimented with different mediums to create a fish tail.

Sweet wrappers and mount board

Laser cut sapre pieces of mountboard

Jewellery Making Tools

Made a spring to join 2 pieces together




Pieces joined together with homemade spring
Pieces joined together with spring means they have some movement
Sweet wrappers

Sweet wrappers stuck on pieces

Sweet wrappers stuck onto another piece of mountboard


Used sweet wrappers stuck to the mount board created a a fuller and textured tail.

Stuck onto mount board
Attached to fish body
I thought this was worth a try, but it didn't give an effect that I liked or that enhanced my fish body at all.



Plastic Bottle Tails


I cut shapes out of a plastic bottle and then stuck them together to create various tails shapes.

Shapes cut out

I tried to use als much of the bottle as I could.

I couldn't use the base of the bottle because the plastic was too thick to cut and shape properly.

Shapes cut and glued together
I stuck two pieces together by glueing them. It was tricky to keep them in place until the glue had dried. I used tape on some and weighted down where necessary.




I particularly liked the effect the ridges created.


Two sided plastic tail

Plastic tail stuck to fish body slice

I used the curves of the bottle to help  me create interesting shapes.


4 sided pointed tail
Tail with ridges from bottle shape
I really liked some of the shapes I created. The curves and the ridges helped to add interest.

I really like the clear of the plastic, but it is not good enough as a finish, because the glue and tape show through.

I will use these shapes as frames to use other mediums on.

Feather Tail



These feathers have wonderful moment that reminds me of Betta fish that have beautiful tails and fish which swish in the water

Feather Trim


Stuck onto mount board

Fish with feather tail
I really like these feathers and the movement the create. I may return to these later as part of my final piece.





























































































Comments

  1. These bottle tails are great Mandy. I too love the ridges and the shapes they make. Really inventive and creative. Have you attached any of these to a body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Chloe, I working on different shapes and materials before I look at joining them together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookbinding and printing on buckram

Fish Puppet so far

Creating the Fish Body